2017/18 Stronger Communities Grants
The 2017/18 Round of the Stronger Communities Programme (SCP) is now open.
If you would like to submit an Expression of Interest please fill out the form below before 5pm AEST on 25 August 2017.
What is the Stronger Communities Grant program?
The Braddon Stronger Communities Program offers grants of between $2,500 and $20,000 to community organisations and local governments for small capital projects that improve community participation and contribute to the vibrancy of the Tasmanian North West.
To be eligible for a SCP grant, applicants are required to match SCP grants in cash or in-kind on at least a dollar for dollar basis.
Up to $150,000 will be allocated to projects within Braddon on the advice of a community consultation committee who will review all applications. Successful applications are then submitted to the Government for review and final sign off.
What are some examples of grants that have been successful?
Examples of successful applications in previous rounds of the SCP in Braddon include:
- $5,000 for the Riverbend Youth Centre to purchase cook top ovens to refurbish their kitchen;
- $10,000 for the Glenhaven Children's Home to include a disability bathroom and disability friendly access;
- $12,500 for the Mersey Community Care Association office fit out; and
- $12,500 for the Mckenna Park Regional Hockey Complex to replace their old scoreboard with a new one.
Who is eligible?
At a minimum, you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and
- be one of the following entities:
- a local government agency or body
- a not for profit organisation that is a legal entity
- a trustee on behalf of a property trust with responsibility for a community asset.
Other eligibility requirements may apply.
25 August 2017 5pm AEST: Expressions of Interest for the Braddon Stronger Communities Program closes
28 August 2017 - 1 September 2017: Panel meets to select successful applicants
4 September 2017: Successful applicants will be invited to lodge applications and submit to Braddon office by 5pm AEST on Friday the 15th of September.
15 - 28 September 2017: Braddon office submits applications to Stronger Communities Program
What can I do now?
Please submit an Expression of Interest through the form below as well as visit the following websites for more information:
Expressions of Interest will close at 5pm AEST on the 25th of August.
If you have any further questions about the Braddon Stronger Communities Grants please contact my office on (03) 6431 1333 or email me at j[email protected]