Armistice Centenary Grant Program
The Armistice Centenary Grant Program have now been extended.
Applications will now close on at 5pm on the 2nd of February 2018
The Community Consultation Committee will meet in January and February of 2018 to determine endorsed EOIs/Proposals.
What is the Armistice Centenary Grant program?
The Armistice Centenary Grants Program provides grants of between $3,000 to $50,000 for local community-based projects and activities that commemorate the end of the First World War, remembering Australian service men and women from all conflicts.
Each federal electorate will have a funding pool of $50,000 available for commemorative projects. A Community Consultation Committee will be established in Braddon to assist Justine Keay MP in seeking the local community's views on how to commemorate the Centenary.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible applicants must:
- have been invited by the local member to submit an application. The grant amount and project applied for must be the same as what is reported by the local member to DVA;
- be one of the following organisation types:
– an incorporated association (if seeking funding of $10,000 or more)
– Ex-service organisation
– Not for profit community organisation
– School, or other educational institution
– Museum or cultural institution
– Historical association
– an Australian local government body
- have a plan to carry out the project and identify the budget for the project;
- have an account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying; and
- be located in Australia.
2 February 2018 5pm AEST: Expressions of Interest for the Braddon Armistice Centenary Grants Program closes
December 2017 - 2 February 2018: Community Consultation Committee meets to determine endorsed EOIs/Proposals
January 2018: Endorsed EOIs/Proposals will be invited to lodge applications and submit to Braddon office.
January 2018: Office reviews applications and invites applicants to submit forms to Department of Veterans Affairs by 5pm February 28.
February 28 2018 - May 2018: Department of Veterans Affairs assesses applications in order received
What can I do now?
You can also visit the following website for more information:
Expressions of Interest will close at 5pm AEST on the 2nd of February 2018.
If you have any further questions about the Braddon Armistice Centenary Grants please contact my office on (03) 6431 1333 or email me at j[email protected]