How My Office Can Help You

My office will help you apply for a congratulatory message to be sent to you or someone you know who is about to celebrate a significant birthday or wedding anniversary.

The following messages are available:

  • 50th wedding anniversary
  • Prime Minister
  • Governor General
  • 50th plus wedding anniversary
  • Prime Minister
  • Governor General
  • The Queen (60th anniversary and every fifth year thereafter)
  • 90th birthday
  • Prime Minister
  • 90th plus birthday
  • Prime Minister
  • Governor General (100th birthday) The Queen (100th and every fifth year thereafter)

What are anniversary messages?

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.

Who qualifies?

The Prime Minister will send a message of congratulations to people turning 90 years of age or more. The Queen and Governor-General will send a message on a 100th birthday. On request, the Prime Minister and the Governor-General will write again every year and The Queen will write again every five years.

The Prime Minister and Governor-General send messages to couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and subsequent wedding anniversaries. The Queen sends messages to couples celebrating 60 years of marriage and will write every five years after that on request.

How do I get an Anniversary Message?

You can arrange a congratulatory message via my office.

Call my office on (03) 6431 1333 or visit my electorate office at 2/32 Wilmot Street, Burnie and complete a form.

Supporting Documentation

You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available, the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet requires that a statutory declaration be provided. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or from my electorate office.

Other Services

My office can provide advice and information on the following: 

  • Pensioners/Seniors
  • Veterans
  • Safety
  • Families
  • School leavers
  • Small Business
  • Scamwatch
  • Local Services

The office is also able to help with federal issues including Centrelink, Tax, Child Support, Telecommunication and other issues.